Our Favorite Winter Sweetz Grapefruit Pie Recipes!
The Texas Rio red grapefruit season is nearly here again! In just a handful of days, you’ll be able to order your own fresh and delicious fruit!
To get ready, Winter Sweetz is sharing a list of our favorite grapefruit pie recipes for you to try this year. Don’t forget to save your favorite!
Easy Peasy Grapefruit Pie
The first grapefruit pie on our list is also the easiest to make! Made with just four ingredients and only ten minutes of prep time, this pie is sure to be your new secret weapon for group desserts! In total, this pie will take about an hour to make and should serve four to six people.
Ingredients You Need
- 3 Texas red grapefruit
- 1 cup of strawberry glaze
- 9-inch pie shell, baked
- Whipped cream
Making Your Pie
- Section your grapefruit. Use paper towels to absorb all the juice.
- Fold your sectioned grapefruit into the strawberry glaze.
- Pour your grapefruit mixture into your baked pie shell. Refrigerate until firm, about one hour.
- Top with whipped cream.
Texas Red Grapefruit Meringue Pie
Sure, we’ve all heard of lemon meringue pie, but what about grapefruit? Turns out, Texas red grapefruits make for a totally delicious meringue pie! Ready in an hour and a half to two hours, this grapefruit pie is a real party-pleaser!
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed Texas red grapefruit juice
- Single-pastry pie dough
- 1 cup of sugar (for filling)
- 6 tbsp of sugar (for meringue)
- 3 large eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¾ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of cornstarch
- ¼ tsp of cream of tartar
Making Your Pie
- Roll your dough into a circle about 9 inches across and ⅛ inch thick. Place in a pie pan and trim the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put two layers of aluminum foil on the crust and weigh it down with oven-safe components. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, 1 cup sugar, and cornstarch over medium heat until thick. Lower heat and mix in egg yolks. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add in butter. Pour your filling into your pie crust.
- While slowly adding the remaining sugar, beat together the cream of tartar and egg whites. The sugar should fully dissolve, and the meringue should form shiny peaks.
- Spread your meringue over your pie and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Refrigerate your grapefruit pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Are Nearly Here!
It’s nearly that time of year again! Any day now, our tasty Texas red grapefruit will be available for you to order and enjoy!
For the best grapefruit pie, you should use the sweetest, juiciest grapefruit around, and that’s Winter Sweetz! Sign up for our newsletter to get notified when you can order our freshly harvested grapefruit for all your favorite grapefruit recipes.