Great Ways To Add Grapefruit to Your Restaurant Menu
Coming up with menu ideas is much harder than most people think it is. You have to make sure your guests will like it, that it’s cost-effective, and that the dish will be easy to produce for your kitchen crew.
If you’ve been wanting to improve your menu, you should be considering grapefruit. Why?
Well, Texas Rio red grapefruit varieties like Winter Sweetz are a delicious addition to any menu. Not only is this citrus fruit healthy, but it’s also quite versatile!
Check out these great recipes so you can start adding grapefruit dishes to your menu. And make sure to contact Lone Star Citrus to buy grapefruit in bulk for all the meals you’ll be selling.
Using Texas Rio Red Grapefruit as a Garnish
An easy way to sell grapefruit dishes is to use the delicious Texas Rio red grapefruit as a garnish. You can use zest, peels, or segments to add a sweet pop to many dishes and drinks. Here are a few beautiful ideas to use to improve your menu:
- Whiskey sour garnished with a grapefruit slice
- Pasta salad with grapefruit segments
- Grapefruit zest rim for a margarita
Grapefruit Side Dish Menu Ideas
You can also include seasonal grapefruit dishes to help improve your menu. Make sure to stay in contact with the grapefruit producers at Winter Sweetz to add a few of these side dishes and appetizers to your selection:
- Cajun shrimp grapefruit skewers
- Texas Rio red grapefruit and avocado tortillas
- Winter Sweetz grapefruit goat cheese crostini
- Grapefruit pasta salad
- Grapefruit and chicken salad taco wraps
Incorporating Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Into Your Entrees
While you may not think of grapefruit when you think of entrees, many dishes benefit from the sweet, bright pop of flavor. Here are a few menu ideas you can try out when you want to sell grapefruit in your restaurant.
- Grapefruit, mango, and grilled steak salad
- Texas Rio red grapefruit and rosemary roasted chicken
- Grain-free jackfruit tacos with a Winter Sweetz grapefruit slaw
- Grapefruit marinated steak
- Texas Rio red grapefruit and ahi tuna poke bowl
- Soy and grapefruit marinated grilled chicken
The Sweetest Grapefruit Dessert Ideas To Add to Your Menu
Using the sweetest grapefruit for your dessert menu can help lighten up your food and help bring in health-conscious customers. The grapefruit producers at Winter Sweetz can recommend a few of our favorites:
- Winter Sweetz grapefruit, cranberry, and cheese tarts with thyme and pink peppercorns
- Hibiscus and grapefruit granita
- Texas Rio red grapefruit upside-down cake
- Grapefruit, kumquat, lemon, and orange galette
- Winter Sweetz grapefruit flan
- Doughnuts filled with Texas Rio red grapefruit curd
Ready To Add Grapefruit Dishes to Your Menu? Buy Winter Sweetz, the Texas Rio Red Grapefruit
Grapefruit, particularly the sweetest grapefruit — Winter Sweetz — is an amazing addition to any menu. Our grapefruit is in season from October to April, so now is the time to start planning. Be sure you’re ready to snap up your supply and make dishes that will be the talk of the town!