Stay Healthy and Energized With Texas Red Grapefruits: An Excellent Coffee Alternative
According to recent studies, over half of Americans admit they drink coffee daily with many among this percentage drinking three cups a day on average. Coffee certainly isn’t bad for you in moderation but too much caffeine can have some unwanted side effects.
There are many who want a pick-me-up without the jitters and simply want an alternative healthy source of energy.
Winter Sweetz has the perfect solution to this problem with our selection of juicy Texas Rio Red grapefruits. These grapefruits aren’t just the sweetest type out there – they’re also packed with a variety of vitamins and nutrients that make them a fantastic coffee alternative.
See exactly what makes grapefruits a healthy source of energy, and check out some of our favorite grapefruit-based recipes. Winter Sweetz grapefruits make for a great breakfast or everyday snack option while helping you feel energized.
What Makes Grapefruits Such a Healthy Source of Energy?
Grapefruits, like other citrus fruits, are known for the different benefits they offer our bodies and minds. Texas Rio Red grapefruits both taste better than other kinds and provide a variety of health advantages!
Some of these include:
- provide high levels of vitamins and nutrients that help protect your immune system
- boost serotonin production which improves overall mood
- gift your body a clean burst of energy with no harsh crash
Put simply, grapefruits have countless benefits that make them a healthy source of energy and overall good coffee alternative.
The Sweetest Grapefruit Smoothie You’ve Ever Tried!
One of the most popular and best-tasting coffee alternatives out there is an energy-boosting fruit smoothie. Not only are they easy to make but they also offer a number of benefits outside of the natural energy boost.
Grapefruit-based smoothies in particular are an excellent source of vitamin C. Here’s our favorite grapefruit smoothie recipe:
What You Need:
- grapefruit chunks
- milk or milk alternatives
- personal favorite add-ons
How to Make:
- Fill your blender halfway full of ice
- Add grapefruit chunks and any other fruits and veggies you like
- Pour to halfway mark with milk or milk substitute
- Blend until ingredients have combined
Rio Red Grapefruit Cashew Bites
Our red grapefruit cashew bites are another great way to start the day and double as a pick-me-up snack if you need some quick energy. They’re also delicious and easy to make! All you need is a few simple ingredients and about twenty minutes of your day.
Try something new with this Rio Red grapefruit cashew bite recipe:
What You Need:
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 8 oz package of dried cherries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- ⅓ grapefruit- juiced + zested
- coconut/grapefruit zest
How to Make:
- Add grapefruit juice, dried cherries, and cashew butter to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Mix in flax seeds and almond flour
- Blend again until you have a thick paste
- Chill the mixture for an hour and form into bites
- Top with coconut or grapefruit zest
- Freeze until ready to eat
Add Some Pep to Your Step the Natural Way With Rio Red Grapefruits!
While there’s nothing wrong with coffee, especially in moderation, there are plenty of people looking for different options, and Rio Red grapefruits prove to be a great coffee alternative.
Winter Sweetz grapefruits are a healthy source of energy and perfect fuel to meet your goals every day!