Start Your Day the Right Way With This Amazing Grapefruit Waffle Recipe
You’ve likely heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day for a couple of reasons. Dieticians explain that it helps your body get the day started since it’s your first meal after you have slept all night. It also sets the tone for your day, which makes it even more important to eat something truly delicious and healthy.
Many people enjoy grapefruits and waffles as part of their breakfast, and with International Waffle Day coming up on March 25th, why not mix the two together? If this is something you want to try out, then Winter Sweetz Rio Red grapefruits are a must for your kitchen.
Impress your family with a sweet, breakfast treat or do something nice for yourself and try our amazing grapefruit waffles recipe.
Homemade Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Waffles
Usually, when people think of what their favorite waffle ingredients are, they list blueberries, strawberries, or even chocolate chips. These are all great choices, but there’s one option everyone is missing out on.
It’s certainly not the most common, but the combination of grapefruit and waffles will make you wish you’d thought of it much sooner. These crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside waffles are sure to excite anyone’s appetite. Plus, the delectably sweet Rio Red grapefruits pack a fruity punch that’ll make you want to have these every morning.
How exactly are they made, though? Well, take a look at our recipe for the tastiest grapefruit waffles you’ve ever had!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups waffle mix
- 3 cups of milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 Winter Sweetz Rio Red grapefruits
- waffle iron
- syrup, honey, whipped cream, or other toppings (optional)
- Crack the egg into a bowl, whisk thoroughly, and then mix in the almond milk and stir together.
- Add the waffle mix to the bowl and stir until you have a good mixture. You can add a little more almond milk if it gets too thick.
- Heat up the waffle iron and set aside your mixture to further combine.
- Cut your grapefruits in half and use a spoon to remove the chunks of fruit from the peel. Add as many as you like to your bowl and mix together one more time.
- Pour your mixture into the waffle iron once it gets hot. Cook to your preferred crispness.
- Drizzle honey or syrup on top or drop a few more grapefruit chunks on top.
If you love these waffles, don’t stop there! We have plenty of other great recipes for you to try.
Rio Red Grapefruits Make for a Breakfast Game Changer!
This recipe for homemade grapefruit waffles is just one reason why Texas Rio Red grapefruits outshine the rest and make for an unforgettable breakfast. Order your batch of grapefruits today and try this fantastic Winter Sweetz-inspired recipe!