Selling Texas Red Grapefruit: Sale Tips and Tactics
Grapefruit is an amazingly juicy and sweet fruit that makes a fantastic addition to nearly any diet. Because it’s a yummy fruit to eat or drink, it’s also a great product for local grocers to sell!
From 2019 to 2020, grapefruit sales increased by more than 11%! Grapefruit demand has risen over the last few years thanks to an increase in the public’s knowledge of its health benefits.
Since grapefruit is in high demand, it’s the perfect time to get in on the market for this remarkable fruit! Keep reading to learn more about why you should sell Texas ruby red grapefruit and learn some great sales tactics for selling ruby reds in your store!
Why Sell Texas Grapefruit?
Entering a new market can be a big decision, and choosing to sell grapefruit is no different. While grapefruit can come from several different states, Texas ruby red grapefruit is a great option for local grocery stores for many reasons:
- The Texas grapefruit season runs through the winter and early spring, meaning you can still sell while other fruits are out of season.
- Purchasing Texas-grown grapefruit helps support local grapefruit growers in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Grapefruits grown on Texas soil are some of the sweetest and juiciest varieties available.
Not all grapefruit were created equal, and Texas ruby reds are some of the sweetest, tangiest, and juciest grapefruit on the market!
Ruby Red Grapefruit Sales Tactics
After deciding to sell Texas grapefruit, the next step is letting your customers know about the your exciting new produce! Promoting grapefruit can also help boost sales in your store, beyond the produce section. Review the tips below for great ways to advertise ruby reds to your customers.
- Magazines and Newspapers – Place an ad in a local magazine or newspaper letting customers know that you have ruby reds in stock.
- Web Pages – Add a notification to your web page detailing the new produce.
- In-store – Place signs around the store or include an ad in the store’s circular to make sure customers know about your ruby reds.
- Menu – Add fresh grapefruit to the deli menu to boost sales.
- Samples – Place a sample stand near the grapefruit display to encourage customers to taste these tempting fruit!
Grapefruit Display Tips
Your grapefruit display can also have a big impact on your sales. After all, shoppers are drawn to things that are clean, fresh, and well-organized. Follow the tips listed below to draw in potential grapefruit buyers using effective displays.
- Keep your display fresh by keeping older fruit in front or on top, and prioritize shipments as they come in.
- Remove any spoiled grapefruit from your display.
- Keep the produce bins full to avoid an over-picked display.
- Cut and wrap grapefruit halves to be sold individually or in pairs.
Find Texas Grapefruit With Winter Sweetz
According to market trends, grapefruit sales are on the rise. This means it’s a great time to get into the sweet and juicy grapefruit business!
Selling Texas ruby red grapefruit in your store not only supports local growers but also lets your customers enjoy an especially tasty— and healthy, treat! At Winter Sweetz, you can find what you’ve been looking for with the sweetest and juiciest grapefruits of all!