Grapefruit Chocolates and Candies Your Valentine Will Want Year Round!
Valentine’s Day may be over, but you can still spoil the special person in your life! There’s no better way to show you care than the sweet and citrusy flavor combo of grapefruit and chocolate. With these recipes, you can make some delicious chocolate grapefruit candy any time of year!
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Bark With Grapefruit!
You can’t go wrong with a good old chocolate bar. Try spicing things up with this scrumptious chocolate bark with a tasty twist! The grapefruit gives this Winter Sweetz candy recipe a really nice zing.
Your Ingredients List:
- 8 oz dark baking chocolate
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped Ruby red grapefruit
Your Baking Guide:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dry the grapefruit as much as possible with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle half of the fruit and almonds on the parchment paper.
- Chop the dark chocolate and place it in a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir it every 15 to 30 seconds.
- Using a silicone spatula, pour the chocolate over the fruit and nuts. Sprinkle the remaining nuts and fruit on top.
- Set aside until hardened.
- Break apart into generous portions and serve!
Chocolate-Covered Grapefruit Peels!
Don’t throw your grapefruit peels away! After making another grapefruit candy with the juicy flesh, you can turn the peels into another fantastic dessert!
- 2 large Ruby red grapefruits
- 5 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- Good-quality dark chocolate for dipping
- Make sure your grapefruit peels are washed and dried. Slice them into 1 ½ inch strips.
- Add the peels to a large stock pot. Fill the pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil. Boil the grapefruit peels for 15 minutes.
- Drain the peels and rinse with cool water.
- Bring three cups of water and three cups of sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and then add the sliced peels. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for one hour.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Drain the grapefruit peels and toss in two cups of sugar.
- Transfer the peels to the parchment-lined sheet and allow it to sit at room temperature, uncovered, for one to three days.
- Once the candied peels have dried, you can now dip them in chocolate! Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 15 to 30 seconds to prevent it from burning.
- Dip each peel entirely or only halfway, depending on your preference, and lay them on a clean sheet of parchment until hardened.
Smooth Chocolate and Grapefruit Bites!
Sometimes we just want a little bite of heaven for an afternoon pick-me-up. Make these delicious and simple candies to lighten your day!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 10 to 15 drops of fresh squeezed Ruby red grapefruit juice
- Candy molds
How to Make Grapefruit Candy:
- Add one cup of chocolate into a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds at a time. Stir in between each session to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Add the drops of grapefruit juice and stir. Taste and add more as needed.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into clean and dry candy molds, tap the molds on the counter to make sure the chocolate fills the mold, and then place it in the refrigerator to cool for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Use the Best Ruby Red Grapefruits to Make the Best Chocolate Candy!
Grapefruit candy can be easy to make and delicious to eat. Remember — the better the grapefruit, the better your candy! Choose the sweetest and juiciest grapefruits from Winter Sweetz to make sure your grapefruit chocolate candy will be the tastiest it can be!