Winter Sweetz Valentines Day Cocktails
As Valentine’s Day approaches, you might start scrambling around, trying to figure out how to surprise your significant other with a special gesture. The options are seemingly endless, and with so many ideas on the internet to choose from, it can be a downright tough decision to make.
Many of us will likely choose to go out for dinner, or prepare a delicious meal at home, and this usually includes a cocktail hour. Going out and spending money on drinks, dinner and desserts can quickly become pricey, so why not opt to start at home with a few mixed drinks?
You can still have a great time getting the night started and you save yourself some money for that really special gift.
Winter Sweetz Grapefruits are the perfect fruit choice for these flavorful and exquisite cocktails. With grapefruit season at it’s peak, these savory drinks will definitely hit the spot and have your tastebuds thanking you.
Being that we all have different tastes and likes, let’s take a look at a few drinks for you to choose from, starting with a refreshing Winter Sweetz Grapefruit Mimosa to toast an “I love you”.
Winter Sweetz Grapefruit Mimosa
- 1 cup Winter Sweetz grapefruit juice
- 3 tsps triple sec
- Start by juicing 1 cup of red winter sweetz grapefruits and letting it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, line up your champagne flutes and add 3 teaspoons of triple sec and fill the glass about half way full with your favorite champagne.
- Last, fill the glass with your cold and refreshing juice, garnish with a small wedge, toast and enjoy! If you prefer less juice, just add a tad more champagne to your liking.
If champagne is not your drink of choice, this next recipe for a mouthwatering margarita will sure to satisfy your palate. The sweetness of the grapefruits from Winter Sweetz make this Grapefruit Margarita an excellent choice for anyone.
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces tequila (preferably reposado)
- ¾ orange liqueur
- Sugar for glass rim
- Begin by juicing 1/2 cup grapefruit juice and proceed to add one ounce into cocktail shaker.
- Next, add 2 ounces of tequila, ¾ ounce orange liqueur and a handful of ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into glass with ice and sugared rim. To sugar your glass rim, simply glide grapefruit wedge all over rim and dip into plated sugar.
Make sure to come back and check for more amazing recipes using Winter Sweetz grapefruits. You can visit our website for more information on how to get your hands on some of our amazing fruit.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.