Turn Your Treats into Tricks
It’s the time for tricks, treats, tasty candy, and everything in between.
Your team here at Winter SweetzTM loves this time of year, and we want to share some fun grapefruit Halloween decorations you can create at home. These are the perfect decorations you can make at home with your little ghouls and gals.
Scary Good Homemade Halloween Decorations
1. Grapefruit Candy Jack-o’-lantern
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes : 3 to 4 Jack-o’-Lanterns
What You Need:
- 1 cup of Winter Sweetz Texas Rio Red grapefruit chunks
- 2 medium-sized oranges
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- ½ to ¾ cup of pistachios
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Measure all ingredients and mix together.
- Scoop out the Texas Rio Red grapefruit from the skin until there is no fruit left.
- Start to cut a small Jack-o’-lantern face into the grapefruit. (Good to use a small knife.)
- Stuff your fall fruit salad into your grapefruit Jack-o’-lantern, and you have a cute Halloween décor and treat!
2. Dried Grapefruit Garland
What You Need
- Texas Rio Red grapefruit
- Sewing needle
- Cut your Texas Sweet Red grapefruit into thin slices.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place slices on a cookie rack and place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake slices for about 12 hours and flip them halfway through baking (if you are pressed for time you can bake for 6 hours).
- Once all slices are baked, get your string and needles.
- For the garland, cut a long piece of string and use a needle to poke through each slice.
- Tie a knot at the top so they stay flat.
- Continue attaching each slice of grapefruit to get your desired length.
3. Grapefruit Candle Holder
What You Need:
- Fruit knife
- Papercraft knife
- Fake candle
- Cut grapefruit in half and carefully separate the Texas sweet red grapefruit from the skin.
- Get one-half of the grapefruit skin and grab the papercraft knife.
- With one-half of the grapefruit skin, start with carving 5 small triangles around the top portion of the skin.
- It is best to carve from the top down to the center of grapefruit skin.
- After the first complete circle of triangles, carve bigger triangles underneath.
- Keep on making triangles and repeat with half of the grapefruit.
- Be creative with your shapes.
- Once finished with carving, place a fake candle inside and enjoy your decor!
Celebrate Halloween With Winter SweetzTM
Are you ready to make this Halloween one to remember with Winter SweetzTM? These amazing decorations are sure to delight friends and family alike.