The Best Christmas Grapefruit Recipe for Your Holiday!
Christmas is nearly upon us! For many of us, that means it’s time to start planning what we’ll bake and cook for our loved ones. Here at Winter Sweetz, we want to make it easy for you by finding the absolute best Christmas Texas red grapefruit recipe for your holiday get-together!
Whether you’re hosting or bringing the food to the party, this delicious entree is sure to please all of your holiday guests!
Spiced Honey and Grapefruit Glazed Ham
Sweet and savory really is the perfect flavor combination, and your Christmas dinner is just begging for a tangy entree. Serving up to a dozen guests and requiring 3 hours of prep, this spiced honey and grapefruit glazed ham will definitely satisfy even the pickiest eater!
What You’ll Need:
- One 11-14 pound fully-cooked bone-in smoked ham
- 3 Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Texas red grapefruit juice from 1 ¼ grapefruits
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of five-spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh-ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 whole allspice berries
Cooking Your Ham:
- Set your ham out at least one hour before roasting.
- Add tomatoes, grapefruit juice, honey, vinegar, five-spice, salt, pepper, and allspice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- For about ten minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and stir once or twice until the mixture has the same kind of consistency as syrup.
- In a clean bowl, press your syrupy mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the spices and pulp. Set the mixture aside.
- Place one of your oven racks in the bottom half of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Place your ham in a large roasting tray and add a splash of water.
- Score the top of the ham in a crosshatch pattern. Avoid cutting into the meat itself.
- Cover and seal your ham in tin foil. Roast until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the ham has reached 130 degrees, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Remove the tray from the oven and remove the foil from your ham. Evenly spoon the glaze over the ham.
- Place glazed ham back in the oven until the ham is sticky and shiny, about 30 to 45 minutes. Baste the ham every 10 minutes with more glaze. If your glaze gets too thick, add another splash of water.
- Turn on the broil while carefully watching your ham to avoid burning. Broil for a few minutes.
- Remove ham from the oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes, up to 3 hours, before slicing and serving.
Get Delicious Texas Red Grapefruits for Christmas With Winter Sweetz!
It’s not too late to order your very own box of Texas red grapefruit for this holiday season! You can use our sweet and juicy grapefruit in all kinds of Christmas recipes, or you can give them as a healthy and delicious gift to your friends and loved ones. You can’t go wrong with a box of grapefruit for Christmas!
This holiday, give your loved ones the gift of fruit with an online order from Winter Sweetz! You can order grapefruit online today!