May 25, 2019
Roasted Shrimp with Grapefruit and Fennel Salad
- 1 pound 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp, patted dry
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Winter Sweetz grapefruit zest
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (reserve fronds for garnish)
- 2 Winter Sweetz grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Torn fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Flaky sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil, chili powder and paprika until shrimp are evenly coated in oil and spices. Spread shrimp on rimmed baking pan in single layer; transfer to oven and bake 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, grapefruit zest, salt and pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Add fennel and toss until well combined. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Add grapefruit to fennel mixture and gently toss until combined.
- Serve shrimp with salad. Garnish salad with parsley leaves, sea salt and/or chopped fennel fronds, if desired.