No Tricks, All Treats, With Candy Grapefruit for This Halloween!
Did you know that grapefruit season and Halloween come at nearly the same time? We think it’s a sign! A sign that it’s time for candy grapefruit!
Keep reading to check out some of your Texas red grapefruit growers’ favorite grapefruit candy recipes, and then get ready to order grapefruit online! It’s only a few days away!
Candy Grapefruit Peels
Don’t toss those peels! Turns out, grapefruit peels can be delicious! This Halloween, make a treat everyone is sure to love with candied grapefruit peels! This recipe makes about 2 cups worth of grapefruit peels, but don’t be afraid to double it— or maybe even triple it! Oh my!
What You’ll Need
- 2 large Texas red grapefruit
- 1⅓ cup sugar
Making Your Candy Grapefruit
- Cut the peel away from the grapefruit leaving a ¼ inch of the white pith attached. Cut in ½ inch-wide strips.
- Place your peels into a small saucepan with cold water. Cover the saucepan and bring up to a boil. Drain the water, and repeat two more times.
- In the same small saucepan, combine your peels, 1 cup of sugar, and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil. Once the mixture has reached a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the grapefruit candy is translucent.
- Drain the peels, and transfer them to a metal wire rack. Allow to dry for at least two hours. Dust with more sugar.
Salted Chocolate-Dipped Grapefruit
Is there anything better than chocolate? We think so! Chocolate and grapefruits! Toss a little salt on there, and now we’re really talking! This yummy treat is perfect for Halloween or any time you’re looking for something delicious to munch on!
What You’ll Need
- 2 large Rio red grapefruit
- 1 cup of dark or semisweet chocolate
- Kosher or sea salt
- Optional 2 tsp of coconut oil
Making Your Salted Chocolate Grapefruit
- Peel your grapefruit and carefully remove all of the white pith.
- While taking care not to tear the membrane, separate your fruit into sections.
- Using waxed paper or parchment, line a sheet tray.
- Combined with coconut oil for a softer bite, melt your chocolate in a microwave or double boiler. Stir the chocolate often while heating.
- Dip the sectioned grapefruit into the melted chocolate by carefully holding each by the tip and dipping about halfway. Place each dipped section onto the lined tray.
- Sprinkle the sections with the salt while warm.
- Place the tray in a freezer or refrigerator to harden completely before serving.
It’s Nearly Grapefruit Season! Get Ready to Order Texas Red Grapefruit Online!
This Halloween, it’s all treats, no tricks over here at Winter Sweetz! Grapefruit season is only a day or two away, and we can’t wait to send you all some of the juiciest, sweetest grapefruit around! You can order your grapefruit online!
Follow our newsletter to get updated when our grapefruit are back on the market, and get ready to order your very own box of scrumptious Texas red grapefruit from Winter Sweetz!