Make the Most Delicious Grapefruit Roasted Chicken This Fall!
Autumn is finally here, and that means it’s time for grapefruit season! Beginning in October, Texas grapefruits are ready for you to add to all your favorite recipes. Eat them plain, add them to salads, mix them into a smoothie, or try adding grapefruit to your dinner menu!
It might seem surprising, but citrus and chicken make a great combination. Try out a grapefruit roasted chicken recipe today with delicious and juicy red grapefruit!
Savory Grapefruit Roasted Chicken Thighs
Try this delicious chicken recipe if you need a dish to wow your friends and family! With pomegranate seeds and fresh grapefruit, it’s sure to impress. Whip up some mashed potatoes on the side for a great combo!
Your Ingredient List:
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 Texas grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- ⅛ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
Make the Entree:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the pancetta. Cook the pancetta until it’s brown and caramelized, which can take about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pancetta and set aside.
Turn the heat down to low and add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Roast the chicken on low for about 10 minutes to allow the chicken fat to render.
While the chicken is cooking, use a knife to remove the skin and pith from the grapefruit sections.
Flip the chicken thighs over. Add the pancetta, white wine, grapefruit sections, and cream.
Place the skillet directly into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven and drizzle the honey evenly over each thigh. Put the pan back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let the chicken rest for about five minutes. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and serve.
Try Grapefruit Grilled Chicken!
Fall doesn’t always mean cold temperatures. On a warmer day, the last thing you’ll want to do is turn on the oven and heat up your whole house. Instead, try grilling the chicken and enjoy a beautiful fall day!
Pick Up These Ingredients:
- 1 Rio Red grapefruit, juiced
- 1 Rio Red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
Get the Grill Fired Up:
- Add the grapefruit juice, brown sugar, and honey to a bowl. Taste it and see if you need to add more sugar to take away the tartness.
- Pour half of the mixture into a saute pan with the grapefruit wedges. Simmer until the liquid is reduced and slightly thick, about eight minutes.
- Add the oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl or baggie with the other half of the liquid mixture. Add the chicken and toss well. Marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken on a preheated grill. Once the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it and serve with grapefruit sauce.
Use the Best Winter Sweetz Grapefruit for Your Chicken Dinner!
Texas red grapefruit is truly a cut above the rest that can make a difference in your chicken dish, and Winter Sweetz has the absolute tastiest grapefruits!
Use these recipes to leave your guests speechless this fall! With tangy sauce and moist chicken, the grapefruit roasted chicken dinner may become your favorite meal yet!