Live Longer with Winter Sweetz™ Grapefruit
At Lone Star Citrus Growers, we care about your health and the physical well being of your family. That’s why we deliver some of most nutritious and tastiest grapefruits in the nation.
Our Winter Sweetz™ Rio Red Grapefruits are unlike any other grapefruit on the market. Not only does all that Texas sunshine and nutrient rich Mission soil make Winter Sweetz™ the grapefruit everyone loves, but our Rio Reds are chock full of vitamins that are excellent for you .
Are you curious about how grapefruits can help you to live longer? Continue reading to find some interesting, life-giving facts:
- Grapefruits contain large quantities of a compound known as spermidine. This compound helps cells to grow in mature, but perhaps most interestingly, a 2009 Austrian research team found that adding spermidine to the diets of mice helped to both increase the lifespan of their cells and slow down cell aging. This amazing compound has also been shown to slow aging in human immune cells by inducing autophagy—a process that helps human cells regenerate.
- Rio Red grapefruits have proven to be miracle fruits that can help your body fight off serious illnesses like high cholesterol and heart disease. Grapefruits are an excellent source of soluble fiber, which helps to remove cholesterol during digestion. For individuals who suffer from high cholesterol, medical studies have shown that Rio Red grapefruits can bring down “bad” cholesterol levels, while simultaneously raising “good” cholesterol. By preventing unhealthy cholesterol from entering your bloodstream, you lower the risk of age-related illnesses like cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.
- A UC Berkeley from 2014 found that consuming grapefruits regularly may help trigger weight loss and counter the effects of a high-fat diet. In a 100-day study, mice that were provided a high-fat diet and given a solution of 50% grapefruit juice gained 18% less weight than other mice on a high-fat diet that drank water spiked with sweeteners. The grapefruit-drinking mice also showed a 13–17% reduction in blood glucose levels and lower insulin levels. As being overweight is one of the leading factors for developing diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, eating grapefruits can help you maintain a healthy weight and protect your from such illnesses.
- Grapefruits are known for having strong doses of antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that help to restrain free radicals. The beautiful pink pigment of Rio Red grapes are a result of the lycopene, an antioxidant that fights the body’s cell aging caused by harmful free radicals, and which can also help to lower risks of certain types of cancers, such as prostate, colon, and lung.
- The abundance of Vitamin C in citrus fruits, like grapefruits, can help to boost your immune system and help your body fight off colds, viruses, and the flu.
Are you ready to live a long and healthy life? Take back control of your health and your diet by adding some delicious Winter Sweetz™ Rio Red Grapefruit to your life.
We offer a ton of recipes that will get you eating grapefruit everyday and not get bored. Whether it’s for breakfast perfectly paired with sunnyside eggs and toasts, or a tantalizing Grapefruit and Avocado Salad for supper, your taste buds are sure to thank you.
Find out some easy ways to add more grapefruits to your diet here.
Just remember, ladies and gentlemen, to speak with your physician if you are on certain medications including statins, antidepressants, and calcium blockers. Natural compounds found in grapefruits can make it easier for these medications to be absorbed, causing blood levels to rise faster and higher than normal, which can lead to dangerous situations. Make sure to check in with your doctor about including grapefruit in your diet.
Whether as a snack, or as freshly-squeezed juice, Winter Sweetz™ is sure to improve your day and your health. Families love us. And your body will too.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.