How To Make Sweet Red Grapefruit Soda!
Drinking sodas with nearly every meal is a staple of many families throughout the nation.
Unfortunately, as times move forward, we have figured out sodas are not a great beverage option for our health because it’s sugar content and many unnatural ingredients, some of which are known to cause health problems like diabetes.
Sugary drinks like soda are also damaging to our oral health, causing cavities and stains to your teeth.
But don’t worry. There are plenty of delicious options available to you when you have a hankering for some carbonated, tasty beverages.
The good folks at Winters Sweetz™ suggest that you try these delicious soda recipes that should not compromise your health. Grapefruit is good for your overall health and these delicious, easy-to-make sodas will definitely have your family well-being asking for more!
Forget Unhealthy Sodas, Grapefruit is in!
Although sodas can still be consumed as a treat, like Big Red on Sundays with barbacoa, drinking them every day can make you feel sluggish, cause weight gain, and lead to you developing serious health issues!
These tasty grapefruit soda recipes will help you quench your thirst while giving a boost of essential nutrients — and help you keep off extra pounds!
Sweet Red And Simple Grapefruit Soda
This soda is so refreshing and easy to make. Agave complements the sweetness and tanginess of the grapefruit, making it a pleasant beverage choice! Use this recipe for yourselves or to entertain guests.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- One juiced sweet red grapefruit
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2-4 tsp of agave or simple syrup
- Your choice seltzer or mineral water
- Combine fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and agave in a bowl.
- Use two highball glasses to fill with ice. Pour sweet red juice mix equally in each glass and top with your seltzer! Use a slice of grapefruit for a cute garnish when entertaining guests!
Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Soda
This soda will please palates while giving a nutritional boost regular soda just can’t offer! Using natural ingredients will make moms feel safer serving this for their children.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 large Texas Rio Red grapefruits
- 9 tablespoons of sugar (or preferred choice of sweetener)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 lemons
- Your choice of seltzer or mineral water
- In a pot, mix ⅔ cup of Texas Rio Red grapefruit juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and rinds from both grapefruit and lemons over medium-high and boil. If using sugar, add until it is dissolved. If using an alternate sweetener, add later to taste.
- Remove heat and let the mixture steep for 60 minutes.
- Use approximately 5 tsp of the mixture per cup (or more if you want extra flavor), fill with ice, and top with your favorite seltzer!
Winter Sweetz Tart
This soda lets you have the best of both sweet and tart worlds! This is a great soda anytime but goes especially well with a delicious brunch!
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup freshly squeeze Winter Sweetz™ grapefruit
- Zest of one medium sweet red grapefruit
- ½ juice of a lemon
- ⅔ cup honey
- 5 thin slices of ginger
- Dash of salt
- Your favorite seltzer
- Combine the Winter Sweetz™ grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, lemon juice, honey, ginger, and salt in a saucepan. Boil the mixture and simmer until the honey has dissolved
- Remove from heat and steep for 60 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh and dispose of the solid parts.
- Add the Winter Sweetz™ and tart mixture to a pitcher. Then add ice, seltzer water, and stir! You can add slices of grapefruit and lemon to the pitcher for aesthetic or a wedge on the glasses for garnish.