Delicious Breakfast Shakes to Meet Those 2021 Health Goals
While January is in the books and we’re nearly halfway through February, it’s important to remember that there’s still time to get on track. If you’re looking to kick start your health goals, Winter Sweetz would like to suggest some delicious ideas for you to get healthy in 2021!
Reasons to Love Smoothies
If you think about it, smoothies may be the perfect food. Smoothies are one of the easiest ways to get your daily serving of veggies, fruit, and other healthy ingredients to get you feeling your best. Did we mention how easy they are to make, too?
Smoothies can be enjoyed any time of day — for a quick pick-me-up or as a post-workout snack. They’re also a great breakfast option on rushed mornings before work or school. And because it’s a liquid, a smoothie may be easier for some to digest, or can help regulate your digestive system.
Falling in Love with Grapefruit Smoothies
If you really want to pick up your smoothie game, try recipes with superfoods to boost immunity. Grapefruit smoothies with ingredients like Winter Sweetz Texas red grapefruit are a nutritious, low-calorie drink full of vitamin C that’ll keep you feeling your best.
Combining our Texas Rio Red grapefruits with other ingredients like kale, spinach, other greens, proteins, and fiber foods lets you enjoy recipes with real foods that will help you stay active and strong.
Check out these great recipes we’ve gathered that include grapefruit as a key ingredient.
Grapefruit Green Smoothie
- 1 medium Winter Sweetz grapefruit (peeled, seeds removed, and reserve juice)
- 1 large sweet apple (cored and skin removed)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large ripe banana (previously sliced and frozen)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- ~1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, water, or orange juice (to thin)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender (including reserved grapefruit juice) and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more liquid if too thick, ice to thicken, and banana or apple to sweeten. Serves 2 (adjust if altering batch size).
Winter Sweetz Red Grapefruit Smoothie
- 1 Winter Sweetz red grapefruit
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ inch knob of fresh ginger
- Grapefruit segments, berries, and granola (for topping)
- Segment grapefruit over a bowl so you can collect all the juice. Set 2-3 segments aside for topping. Add grapefruit segments, grapefruit juice, frozen pineapple, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and fresh ginger into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients based on your preference. If the smoothie is too thick you can add a little non-dairy milk.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy. Or serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings — grapefruit segments, granola, berries, etc.
Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie
- 2 cups Winter Sweetz grapefruit and juice
- 12 oz. frozen fruit blend with strawberries
- 5-6 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt (you can use any complementary flavor)
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 separate cups or containers to divide smoothie
- In the blender add grapefruit, frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, and blend. Pour out ¼ of the smoothie into a separate container and freeze.
- Add 1 cup strawberries into the blender and blend again. Remove ¼ of the smoothie into the container and freeze.
- Add 1 cup of strawberries into the blender and remaining smoothie and blend. Remove half of the smoothie into the container and freeze.
- Add the last cup of strawberries and blend. Pour remaining smoothie into the container and freeze. Allow the smoothie to chill for 20-30 minutes until firm for best ombre effect, pour the darkest smoothie to lightest into cups.