Delicious and Tangy! Make the Perfect Winter Grapefruit Cocktails With Winter Sweetz!
Get your party started with a fun and unique twist to cocktail hour! Grapefruit is naturally sweet and tangy, making it a great part of your dinner menu, but you can also add red grapefruit to your cocktails!
Whether you’re the host of a holiday party or just want to mix up one for yourself, try these delicious winter grapefruit cocktails!
The Sparkling Grapefruit Cocktail!
While this drink does have alcohol, you can keep out the vodka or tequila for a non-alcoholic grapefruit mocktail option — a win-win for all your guests! This recipe makes about three servings, but you can definitely double or even triple it to please the crowd.
- Coarse sugar or salt
- ½ cup freshly squeezed Texas grapefruit juice, from one grapefruit
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice, from one to two limes
- ½ cup vodka or clear tequila (optional)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- ¾ cup club soda
- Rim your cocktail glasses with juice from a grapefruit wedge, and dip each glass in the coarse sugar or salt.
- Combine grapefruit, lime juices, liquor, and simple syrup in a liquid measuring cup or cocktail shaker. Mix or shake until blended.
- Fill each glass with crushed ice.
- Pour about ¼ cup of your favorite club soda into each cocktail glass. Top off each equally with the grapefruit mixture.
- Garnish with grapefruit peels or slices, if desired.
Moscow Grapefruit Mule!
If you want something that’ll liven things up, go with a spiced grapefruit beer! Get warm and cozy this winter with a drink that is sure to awaken your senses.
What to Buy!
- 2 ounces of chilled vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed chilled red grapefruit juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 ounces chilled ginger beer
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Sliced grapefruit to garnish
- Combine vodka, grapefruit juice, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker, and shake until well mixed.
- Fill a copper mug or glass with crushed ice, about ¾ full.
- Add the cocktail mixture to the mug and top it off with the chilled ginger beer.
- Give it a brief stir and garnish with a rosemary sprig and a slice of grapefruit.
Italian-Themed Grapefruit Negroni
This negroni is the perfect winter grapefruit cocktail for your dinner party — elegant, smooth, but oh, so satisfying!
- 1 ounce gin
- ½ ounce Aperol
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed Rio Red grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Grapefruit peels for garnishing, optional
- Combine the gin, Aperol, grapefruit juice, and lemon juice in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake gently until blended.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with the grapefruit twist, and serve!
Refreshing Grapefruit Sour!
Change things up with a refreshing winter grapefruit cocktail! This drink is an excellent pairing with a heavy meal or as an after-dinner refresher.
Pick These Up:
- 1 ½ oz gin
- 1 oz Blanc vermouth
- 1 oz red grapefruit juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 4 drops of lemon bitters
- ½ oz aquafaba
- Red grapefruit peel to garnish
- Pour the alcohol, juice, simple syrup, lemon bitters, and aquafaba into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Add ice into the shaker.
- Shake vigorously until the shaker is frosted.
- Strain into two cocktail serving glasses and garnish with grapefruit peels.
Serve the Best Grapefruit Cocktails With Winter Sweetz’s Texas Grapefruit!
Not all grapefruits are created equal! The reddest, most delicious, and tangiest grapefruits that can bring happy hour to a whole new dimension are the Texas red grapefruits!
Whether your goals are to liven the party or enjoy a smooth drink at your formal dinner party, choose a grapefruit cocktail to make your party better than all the rest. With Winter Sweetz grapefruit, your drinks are sure to be the talk of the town!