4 Grapefruit Smoothies Your Customers Are Sure To Love
Did you purchase grapefruit for your smoothie shop but aren’t quite sure how to include them in your menu? No need to worry.
Grapefruit smoothies aren’t just healthy, they’re also delicious!
The real secret to success, however, is the type of grapefruit that you’ll use. Texas Rio red grapefruit are the sweetest, tastiest type, and they’re grown right here in the windswept soil of the Rio Grande Valley. And the sweetest of these is Winter Sweetz. They’re far from your grandma’s bitter fruit.
Ready to add grapefruit to your smoothie menu? Check out these great smoothies using Winter Sweetz grapefruit.
1. Green Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Smoothie
This smoothie is incredibly refreshing and helps your customers feel energized. It’s a nice treat and easy to put together too!
- 1 Winter Sweetz grapefruit, seeds removed and juice reserved
- 2 ice cubes
- Cored and skinned sweet apple (like a Gala apple)
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- ½ teaspoon of peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- Water, juice, or milk of the customer’s choice to thin
Toss ingredients into the blender and blend until desired consistency. Customers may enjoy this smooth with an add-on like protein.
2. Tropical Winter Sweetz Grapefruit and Mango Smoothie
This one is a surefire hit if you want to sell more grapefruit smoothies. Using the sweetest grapefruit helps make this creamy smoothie feel like a decadent, healthy treat.
- Texas Rio red grapefruit, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup yogurt of the customer’s choice
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- A small handful of ice cubes
This one is easy to make and flexible enough to accommodate your customers’ wants.
3. Persimmon and Grapefruit Smoothie
If you want to have a stand-out menu item, this smoothie is perfect! It only needs four ingredients but will have people coming back for more.
- Juice of one Winter Sweetz grapefruit
- A teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1 sliced persimmon
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- Handful of ice
This one is nice and simple, comes together fast, and makes customizations super easy. You can easily reserve the juice or change amounts so you avoid wasting ingredients. You can also swap out the persimmon to create even more smoothie ideas!
4. Blueberry and Winter Sweetz Grapefruit Smoothie
This is a nice, healthy smoothie with a lovely color! This one makes for a spectacular smoothie bowl if you keep it thick.
- Texas Rio red grapefruit juice and segments for garnish
- A cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 cups of greens, washed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ – 1 tablespoon of honey
- Water or ice cubes to reach the desired consistency
The coconut oil does make white flecks since it stays so cold. You can offer it as an option if your customers prefer. If you want to make a smoothie bowl you can offer options like mint, berries, or more delicious Winter Sweetz grapefruit segments!
Ready To Add Grapefruit to Your Menu? Ask Your Grapefruit Growers for Winter Sweetz!
Grapefruit has a bit of a sour reputation, but that’s only if you haven’t tried Texas Rio red grapefruit! Our Winter Sweetz red grapefruit is far from bitter, with a sweet taste that doesn’t need extra sugar or salt to be delicious.
Winter Sweetz are available from October to April, so be ready for when the season starts!