Nothing Says Christmas Like the Smell of Desserts – Winter Sweetz Style!
Christmas dinner truly wouldn’t be Christmas dinner without some delicious pies for dessert!
Have you ever wondered if Santa gets tired of eating the same old milk and cookies every year? Lucky for you, your family doesn’t have to have the same pies you’ve been serving for years. This year, your family can enjoy pies with the zest and vibrant flavors of Winter Sweetz Texas Ruby Red grapefruits!
Christmas Desserts With Sweet Red Grapefruits
1. Winter Sweetz Texas Red Grapefruits And Ginger Cheesecake
This creamy dessert is rich in texture and flavor. The brightness of the fresh ginger combined with sweet red grapefruit is an unforgettable flavor that will leave your family asking for more. This cheesecake will surely become a Christmas dessert tradition!
- 20 coarsely broken graham crackers
- ½ unsalted butter cut in ½ inch squares
- 3 tbsps of fresh julienned ginger
- 1 ⅓ heavy whipping cream
- Freshly peeled ginger cut into thinly sliced circles
- 1 cup preserves from the ginger
- 1 tsp water
- 4 packs of 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- 2 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2 Texas Rio Red grapefruits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a 9 inch, 2 ¾ tall springform pan with butter.
- Add graham crackers and sugar to the food processor and blend enough to get a coarse consistency. Blend in half a cup of butter until the crumbs are all stuck together, then mold the mixture into a crust in the pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust starts to change color, then remove from the oven. Add some diced ginger to the crust and let cool. Lower your oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cut 3 sheets of foil 18-inches long and place the pan on top of the stacked sheets. Form the foil closefitting to the pan.
- Simmer cream and ginger in a saucepan. Remove from heat and leave covered for 30 minutes to steep the ginger. Strain the ginger preserves from cream and combine the preserves with 1 tbsp of water in a saucepan over medium heat until the jelly parts melt, then strain again to get rid of the hard parts. Set the ginger jelly aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until there are no lumps and it’s creamy and smooth. Mix in salt, ground ginger, vanilla, and sugar. Then beat in one egg at a time until well blended and 2 tablespoons of the reserved ginger jelly until mixed well. Lastly, blend in the cream. Transfer mixture to the crust in the springform pan, then place in a roasting pan filled with enough water to submerge half the springform pan. Place the cake in the water bath in the oven.
- Bake cake for about 2 hours until the top is browned and the edges begin to break. Remove the cake from the water and remove the foil from the pan and let the hot cake chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Peel and remove lining from the Texas Rio Red grapefruits. Place the Winter Sweetz segments on a paper towel and let them drain, changing the paper towels as needed to soak up all the liquid.
- Remove the sides of the pan (make sure the crust isn’t stuck first), then spread ginger jelly on top of the cheesecake and place the beautifully prepared sweet, red grapefruit on the cake, designed however you liked! Add a little more ginger jelly and voila! You have a gorgeous, flavorful, and new dessert for Christmas!
2. Baked Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red Grapefruits
This easy and warm dessert is perfect for a cozy after-dinner snack with a punch of nutrients while satisfying your sweet tooth. This is the perfect dessert to snuggle up on the couch with your family and watch a movie right after dinner. And most importantly, it can be ready in under 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
- 3 Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red grapefruits
- ¼ cups of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ c sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the grapefruit and remove the pith.
- Remove the segments of Rio Red grapefruit into a bowl.
- Mix the Winter Sweetz segments with brown sugar and vanilla.
- Divide mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until the texture is soft.
- Add the sugar, which creates a meringue, and beat until it is shinier and peaks have been formed.
- Scoop ice cream onto each ramekin and cover with meringue.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until the meringue is toasted.
3. Dazzling Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red Grapefruits Pie
It’s hard to believe some people have never heard of grapefruit pie. Once your family tries this Winter Sweetz pie, they will be asking for it on every occasion.
Prep time: 1 day
- One 9-inch pre-baked pie crust
- 4 Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red grapefruits
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- ¾ cups of freshly squeezed Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red grapefruits
- One 3 oz pack of strawberry jello
- Peel the Rio Red grapefruits and remove the pith. Cut the Winter Sweetz segments into bite-sized pieces and drain them for several hours while gathering and saving the juice from them.
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar, and the ¾ cups of the juice from the Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red grapefruits in a small saucepan, then bring to a boil. Add the strawberry jello and let it cool moderately.
- Place the Winter Sweets Texas Rio Red grapefruits at the bottom of the pie crust and pour the gelatin mix over it. Let the pie cool in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.